This week, Justin McGuire, Owner of California Pools and host of DIY Network's Pool Kings, joins Clint to discuss the challenges of managing people within a growing business.
Clint and Justin discuss the following key points on management:
(1) Encourage and help your employee, you are leading, to grow.
(2) Don't overmanage.
(3) Learn to manage your people at 'THEIR' level and not at you're level. You can not manage everyone the same way. It doesn't work. Manage each person based on their personality type and not based on you're personality type. Every personality has its own needs and nuances.
(4) Don't allow your business to become transactional or a commodity. Instead, focus on building relationships.
(5) Learn from your mistakes. Don't regret them, but allow them to help you grow as a person and a leader.
(6) Appreciating every person on your team and what they have to contribute.
"Being a good leader isn't always what is best for YOU, but what is best for THEM." - Justin McGuire.
Top 3 Books Recommended by Justin:
(1) Profit First - By Mike Michalowicz
(2) Turn The Ship Around! - By L. David Marguet
Top Podcasts Recommended by Justin:
(1) Founders Journal
(2) Business Wars
Until next week, keep climbing your next peak!
Connect with Justin McGuire on Instagram or his website. Watch Pool Kings on DIY Network.
If you got something out of today's episode, please subscribe, share it with a friend and leave us a review. You can find us on www.nextpeakpodcast.com. If you want to connect with Dr. Parker Houston, you can find him at www.leadyoufirst.com. Sign up for his weekly blog to receive some research-based tools that will help you transform your work and your life.